108. Dealing With Law @ Friday, March 16, 2012
So yesterday we had a 20 minutes slide-show presentation on a chapter of Law subject. It was our turn to present about the Fundamental Right on Malaysian Constitution and stuff I don't care much I never like law before and I really have no idea on what reason should a business technological student learn about law and full stop. I spent my morning grumbling about how nervous I was at the moment and it was really tense... just because we need to present the things in front of our insensitive part-time lecturer slash a cool lawyer, Sir Mustafa Afifi. How can I explain this, perhaps if you're part of the judiciary council you should actually realize that lawyers, judges and magistrates are obviously sticking along with themselves together, like really together together. They're vampire like that.
At almost 8PM, I went over to class and saw Aini preparing her part of slideshow and the rest of members haven't arrived yet. It was quite hectic and I saw another group in front of us already well prepared with notes and stuff, so I was pretty much bluffing "The hell, where's our group members? We're ran out of time buddies!" Finally Zaza, Erna and Abraham safely arrived and started linking all the power-point stuff, and heck Zaza couldn't find her case-study on Article 7 and Abraham haven't started of his slide, YET. Imagined it, I felt like flipping all the tables around and screaming. To calm Zaza's nervousness on her lost article, I told her that Afifi lecturer won't even realized the mistake. Oh well, while other people dose off with earlier group's presentation, we were battling against the time and wallah, amazingly we were at the front of the lecture hall.
To sum up it all:
- Abraham took 10 minutes to present his first two articles and left us another 10 minutes to be fairly shared between 4 ladies. Urgh I kill you Abs, I kill you.
- So apparently he used Google Translate to understand the law terms and the words turned up very funny and it cracks the whole lecture hall. Okay whatever lol.
- Erna took her turn and ended up sighing on microphone twice or thrice, I heard it well. She was like "Heul~" and we're giggling behind her crazily.
- I went upfront, lost my slides and went like "Where's my slides?" to Aini. Consequently Sir Afifi saw it and calmly said, "You guys should actually paste it together so that it will be easy to find it." And I was like "Sorry sir for the inconvenience." Blegh.
- I cut a lot of my preparation and shortly said "Okay as much as you guys already know about this Article 10, it is about the Freedom of Speech, Assembly and Association. *Dalila nodded crazily in front of me.* How Malaysian are actually promised with this treatment but there's restriction on the stuff. One of the best case study of the restriction is about Public Prosecutor vs Oh Kengseng *half-laughing seeing Amru's sleepy face* and I am lazy to type the rest. "Next."
- Eventually as soon as I finished my part, time ended up. The lecture hall went like "Awwwww." But sir kindly added two minutes extra time for Aini's part and a conclusion.
- Finally he came up with a killer question that we never even imagine it, well at least for me, "Where is the case study for Article 7?" and we went like "Who's in-charge of Article 7?!" It was Zaza of course, and she looked damn pale losing her blood hahah. We gave her the example of case study ( which was heave in sight somewhere ) and she shakily explained it.
- Abraham and me ended up ragging ( read: mengumpat ) behind. We cannot even fathom on why we were only given 20 minutes while the first group was taking 40 minutes for their presentation. God knew it.
- Sir told us that we were the most stressful group he ever saw in a presentation. Rofl I cannot hold that so I ended up giggling at the front. We were receiving quite a loud clapping though o////
- Well at the end of the day, 3 best speakers of the batch can't even give a good impression on that insensitive cold part-time lecturer, also known as that established young lawyer. I don't even. Urgh my heart, nuuu my heart.
- Lecture ended up at 9.05PM and I spilled out my list of dissatisfaction to Erna and Ima and we went eating burger and lepak-ing at nearest stall. I went downloading Hindustan movie, Mann and all of us went "Mera Mann~~~"
Truth by truth, it was a fun experience overall. Well we are still the shallow and full of flaw students who make silly mistakes after all :) xoxo sorry for this lame entry xD