<!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d8474564113195893538\x26blogName\x3dwhen+I\x27m+on+queue\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://fahamokha90.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://fahamokha90.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2843336287746015661', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

authorchatlinksarchivesgallery


Thursday, December 6, 2012
141. My Earliest Childhood Memory(s) @ Thursday, December 06, 2012

0 note (s)

"Have you ever isolated your earliest childhood memory? Mine is when I was three years old. It was summer. A carnival in the park near our house. There were balloons and cotton candy stands. A bunch of guys who had just finished a tug-of-war were lined up at the water fountain." - Charley Benetto.
Just in case you're wondering, Benetto is one of the main characters from Mitch Albom's For One More Day, a book I bought past year ago and obviously I just finished it a day before I'm writing this entry. The paragraph makes me pauses my reading for awhile. I tried to recall back my earliest childhood memory but it was rather patchy or fuzzy. But one thing that I'm absolutely sure of it is that part of the earliest memories were taken place in Kuantan, Pahang. 

Back on early 90's, Ayah was still working as a technical officer for Royal Malaysian Air-force. While Ibu was a banking lady at Bank Pertanian Malaysia. Since both of them were working diligently for the sake of their three naughty daughters, they took us to the childhood babysitter's house for whom we called Mok early in the weekdays morning. Mok, derived from Terangganu's slang of Mak was a warm elderly looking woman that took care almost everything of our early years life. Jeehan was monthly baby scrolling through stroller, I was about 3 at that time, while Kaklong was a year older than me.

Mok's husband is an old man wearing kopiah working at nearby wet-market and we called him, Tok Ki. He was with a thin figure and somehow resembled a grandfather to the three of us. By the time we were in the mood of playing, he will took us riding his three-wheels motorcycle around the housing area in the evening. Their daughter's Kak Ayu used to groom us up with her cosmetics tool as if we were her dolls-wannabe. I have such a vivid memory of being hair-tied with meticulously hands of mak/pak andam. In my young mind, I figured this was such a nuisance situation. I guess that's the reason why I'm not really fondㅡmore to annoyedㅡof being on makeup in my later days.

We were one kind of decent kids back then. But sometimes our curiosity leads to misery. One afternoon when we were at Mok's house, my sister and I played with a lighter and upon seeing a flame sparked from the tip, we threw the lighter to nearby mattress. Guess what, we made the mattress on fire! My sister grabbed the only living thing she could find, me and we got down the stairs together as if nothing bad happened. Later I figured out from my mum that a fire-truck was called on the daylight and the mattress was thrown away from the upstairs veranda. Anyhow we are alive and no one puts the blame on us.

I'm not sure why I come out with this kind of entry. Heheh. Can't believe that reading a paragraph from one book allows me to enter another world of my childhood memories.

Oh well. 

( Day-10 to 22nd anniversary. Beepbeep! )


Labels:


Older | TOP | Newer

P/S
☆彡☆彡☆彡





You've read my thought. If only I can read yours..